[X3D-Public] Fwd: [X3D] X3D Volume examples

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Aug 17 05:55:48 PDT 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [X3D] X3D Volume examples
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 11:44:35 -0400
From: Nicholas F. Polys <npolys at vt.edu>
To: <med at web3d.org>, <x3d at web3d.org>, <consortium at web3d.org>

HI all~

We had a great turnout for our BOF meeting at SIGGRAPH this year ("3D
Medical Visualization Using X3D") ! The standing room overflow shows
that the graphics community is excited about our work and developments.
The Working group and membership continue to innovate and coordinate
with visual and haptic renderings and real applications; join us!
Slides from the BOF are posted at the url below.

We have also posted a new set of materials related to X3D 3.3 Clause 41
Volume component.
These include the ISO PDAM spec currently under comment, screen
captures, video captures
 and a set of X3D examples w/ volume data:

    https://snoid.sv.vt.edu/medical/X3DVolumes/

We look forward to  your comments and suggestions!

with best regards,

    _nicholas

PS
    http://web3d.org/x3d/specifications/spec_feedback/