[X3D-Public] Why use document technology for building a 3D world?

Christoph Valentin christoph.valentin at gmx.at
Mon Aug 29 15:01:14 PDT 2011

I think, X3D points the way. The master node is not called "world" any
more, it is called "scene" (thinking about movies etc.).

I'm with the author, when he tells, he doesn't like to "save" the world.
There are many "realities" (strictly spoken, there are as many "realities"
as people live on earth - and sometimes more), and they change with time.
No "simple" world to be saved "once and forever".

On the other hand, there are people who are interested in history. Some
"parts" of the world and their "state" should be stored for those
historians.

All this just philosophy, of course.

Kr
Christoph