[X3D-Public] Embedded Project Support for X3DOM and System.XML

Len Bullard cbullard at hiwaay.net
Sat Dec 24 11:55:04 PST 2011

Hello Johannes and all!

I'm starting with you, sir, because your name is first on the X3DOM lists.

What are my options for using X3Dom in an embedded mode where a Windows Form
hosts the rendering objects, eg, a Visual Basic/Visual Studio environment
using Net 3.5, system.linq and the embedded web browser object?  The goal is
a rudimentary client visualization toolkit using XML languages and a fixed
source type (40051-C).

Note:  I tried the Instant Reality download and MS Vista says this is unsafe
and won't let me have it.  I thought before trying to get around the
roadblocks, it best to inquire if this configuration works.

Merry Christmas all.  I'm stuck home for the season with chemo treatments,
so with time to do it, I want to do some X3D programming.

Cheers,

len