[X3D-Public] availability announcement: NPS source branch of Xj3D viewer

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sat Feb 5 10:45:53 PST 2011

We're happy to announce that nightly builds of the NPS source branch
for Xj3D are publicly available.

Thanks to Alan Hudson and Terry Norbraten for keeping our branch
closely synchronized with the primary subversion trunk, so that
our development modifications can be effectively tested prior to
application integration and deployment, and so that our results
are eventually added to the trunk.

Nightly build directory:

	https://savage.nps.edu/Xj3D.nps

Descriptions and links:

	https://savage.nps.edu/Savage/developers.html#Xj3D

> Xj3D viewer: NPS source branch
>
> Xj3D is an open-source Java viewer and application codebase for X3D graphics scenes.
>
>     * Xj3D home page by Yumetech is the primary site.
>     * Latest Xj3D downloads are found on the Development Snapshots page.
>     * Xj3D subversion description and subversion root directory http://svn.xj3d.org/xj3d_code
>
> NPS maintains a synchronized public branch of the Xj3D source to test new developments and bug fixes.
>
>     * Subversion root directory http://svn.xj3d.org/xj3d_code/branches/NPS
>     * NPS build instructions and Change Log of modifications in NPS build by Terry Norbraten (tdnorbra at nps.edu)
>     * Nightly build documentation, installers, jar files and javadoc are produced by the Xj3dSourceNpsBranch project on the Savage hudson server.
>     * Applications using this modified branch of Xj3D: NPS AUV Workbench, X3D-Edit 3.2 and build processes for the X3D Example Archives
>
> Also available:
>
>     * Xj3D bug list by Yumetech
>     * XMSF Issue Tracker for Xj3D by NPS
>     * Aniviza attempted extensions to Xj3D for NASA WorldWind

Comments and test reports welcome, aloha.

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br      brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots     http://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman