[X3D-Public] PixelTexture render problems in major browsers

Alan Hudson giles at yumetech.com
Sat Feb 12 09:40:48 PST 2011

On 2/12/2011 7:56 AM, Don Brutzman wrote:
> However BS Contact, Instant Reality and Octaga all produce a scene
> looking like the second snapshot: PixelTextureFlawedRendering.png
>
> This is such a simple PixelTexture that it appears clearly to be a
> flaw in each browser. Possibly it is an unreported deficiency or
> lack of clarity in the X3D Specification, however.
> http://www.web3d.org/x3d/specifications/ISO-IEC-19775-1.2-X3D-AbstractSpecification/Part01/components/texturing.html#PixelTexture
>

> Can each of the browser companies address this issue please? TIA.
>
> all the best, Don
its not a problem with the PixelTexture handling per-see.  Its how you
do mipmapping of textures.  Spec is silent about this.  If you mipmap
small textures they look radically different.  I think Xj3D choose to
not mipmap below 32 pixels.

--
Alan Hudson

President Yumetech, Inc.                               www.yumetech.com