[X3D-Public] remote animation invocation (RAI)

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 26 19:28:41 PST 2011

> Can we think about sending something besides text across the
> network?  Is there something wrong with sending motion/animation?

For 'real' x3d h-anim animation you are using combinations of joint
rotations and translations which animate the deformable skin. I think
usually this would be created using timers and interpolators, or just
send sets of rotations and translations created somewhere else
directly to the joint node. Many old-style avatars are animated by
directly moving sets of vertices that represent parts of the skin or
outer surface. You can get an idea of the joint animation approach by
reading the interpolators in the Skeleton Running scene from:
http://www.hypermultimedia.com/x3d/JoeX3D/JoeX3D.htm
disable line wrap in simplist text editor.

Best Regards,
Joe

'