[X3D-Public] roboEarth language, OWL ontology and appendix for actions

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 28 10:48:17 PST 2011

"
* Action
* PurposefulAction
* Perceiving (similar to SensoryEvent, but in the action context)
* VoluntaryBodyMovement, e.g. Reaching or ReleasingGrasp (Movements
that are not directly manipulating an object)
* ActionOnObject (any kind of object interaction)
* ControllingSomething tap, electrical device, ...
* HoldingAnObject (different grasps, no movement involved)
* Movement-Translation picking up, putting down, or moving objects,
walking, ...
* RemovingSomething cleaning activities
* OpeningSomething bottle, cupboard, drawer, ...
* ClosingSomething bottle, cupboard, drawer,
"
Hi, Once we know what actions we want to achieve, we can look at what
the underlying model to support that set needs to be. The H-Anim
standard suggests being as realistic about the character as possible.
In this case realistic means that you can have a humanoid model with
all the joints, segments (bones), and sites (touch/pressure) needed to
do realistic forward and reverse kinematics along with control of each
skin vertex.

Thanks for the reference it fits right in and Best Regards,

Joe

 .