[X3D-Public] Fwd: Re: [X3D] X3D HTML5meetingdiscussions:Declarative 3D interest group at W3C

GLG info at 3dnetproductions.com
Sat Jan 1 14:07:40 PST 2011

>Along the way we may even invent containers that help us
>move the same goods very easily on BOTH -- ships AND trucks
>:-).

Nooo, ships and trains. Trucks don't have enough backbone to
transport the goods. You'd need a whole lot of inefficient
trucks, and then the goods would not as easily go back on a
ship when needed. The idea of containers is intriguing
though. I'd be willing to explore that a little, but, from
your analogy, amphibious trains is what I'd like to see,
because if we are limited to land (trucks or trains) then we
have the same problem in reverse. I believe putting things
in perspective is helpful. We don't want to start building
parts until we know what type of vehicle should be built.
Please, in no way am I suggesting that you "shut up", I have
already thanked you for your presence here. As for the
"technical discussions", I am sure they will follow once we
agree on a basic design. We cannot talk about building an
engine when we have not yet defined the type of vehicle. If
your mind is set on trucks and I don't need a truck, why
then would I begin helping you engineer one? Seeing things
with an open mind goes both ways.

Happy new year,
Lauren