[X3D-Public] Fwd: Re: [X3D] X3D HTML5meetingdiscussions:Declarative 3D interest group at W3C

GLG info at 3dnetproductions.com
Mon Jan 3 14:45:58 PST 2011

Hello all,

Joe wrote;
> I think I agree except in the near term I see an
>opportunity to offer
>some level of speedup by offering an opertional 'engine'
>that can
>speed things up by doing some details in fast code.

Yes I was thinking that too from the beginning of this
thread. That may not align with the stated objectives
though, but can possibly help speed up development time. I
just saw a rather large list of 'game engines' on Wikipedia
not long ago. I am not personally familiar with any
particular engine but there could be something fast and
light out there that can help. An X3D engine would be nice.
How about FreeWRL (http://freewrl.sourceforge.net)? I put
this here just in case. I have both XML3D and X3DOM now
running off WebGL. I'll go with that until I run into
trouble.

>tactics. Now it seems the html browsers are all up in the
>air about
>security of <object> and @sandbox and others so we need
>some special
>tricks to get the X3D object talking to the DOM

You are reading my mind again, which brings me to my first
question. I'd like to ask Philipp and Johannes if they know
of any security features currently defeated in Mozilla in
order for the above to work. Also, same question when
running with XFlow.

>We saw from Ajax3D that XHR
>is a winner and so naturally would play some part in future
>X3D networking tactics.

Yes funny that you mention it. I plan on hooking up the
X3Daemon MU Server as soon as feasible.

My last question is on the subject of physics. That has
barely been touched. I was wondering if some thought was
giving to it. Basic stuff at first like collision and
gravity.

Cheers,
Lauren