[X3D-Public] Fwd: Re: [X3D] X3D HTML5meetingdiscussions:Declarative 3D interest group at W3C

GLG info at 3dnetproductions.com
Mon Jan 3 23:45:09 PST 2011

Len wrote;
>model (eg, XtraNormal, Jing, YouTube, etc.)  A services
>model for any of
>these technologies relies on content builders creating
>libraries of
>reusuable parts but this as a content requirement doesn't
>require a standard
>as it does an integrated builder system that is easy to use
>and compose.
>IOW, YouTube has a format standard:  MP4.

Building point and click persistent scenes/worlds seems very
close here. It is not difficult to imagine web only
interfaces to this, even using just primitives, and
supported by SQL back-ends in a manner akin to SL. It looks
like all of the parts are there or will be. It is only a
matter of putting it together and I suspect many will do,
thus turning the web into the giant virtual space we've been
waiting for. At the very least, the potential for this is
enormous. Maybe year 2012 (or 2013 who knows) would be the
year when it reaches critical mass and the web finally turns
3D. Reality is made of dreams like this. This dream I'm
really starting to believe in.

Cheers,
Lauren