[X3D-Public] Fwd: Re: [X3D] X3D HTML5 meeting discussions:Declarative 3D interest group at W3C

Len Bullard cbullard at hiwaay.net
Tue Jan 4 15:04:48 PST 2011

"What I think you're saying is that all the capabilities of X3D must be
preserved so existing content will work."

Not quite.  I'm saying the capabilities to do the things X3D can do with
existing content are required.

The thousand flowers are pine trees to the existing flowers.  Good luck, and
so forth, but a features evaluation is also realistic.  Restarting VRML 1.0
every five or so years isn't progress though I quite agree with what you say
about enabling 3D directly in the browser and glad to see you working to
make that happen.

len