[X3D-Public] Fwd: Re: [X3D] X3D HTML5 meeting discussions:Declarative 3D interest group at W3C

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 5 11:48:33 PST 2011

chris > I understand there are participants here that have a vested
interest in existing systems: X3D, X3DOM, XML3D, and maybe others.

note that of those listed above, X3D is really the only one that has
been around long enough for serious vested interest. X3DOM and XML3D
are more or less public and open sollutions that have only really been
running a short time. As I mentioned last week, I am overjoyed that
now major X3D browsers can run in Safari and I am gueesing, mostly the
same way in Safari and others in the mac OS. So now there really is an
X3D user base on the macs, unlike in the past.

Actually, I am just realizing that apple has a distinct interest and a
lot of work into this solution for an energetic and live api above the
WebGL, working as expected in the html/xml DOM

This is getting better all the time.

Joe