[X3D-Public] Fwd: Re: [X3D] X3D HTML5 meeting discussions:Declarative 3D interest group at W3C

Philipp Slusallek slusallek at cs.uni-saarland.de
Thu Jan 6 04:14:56 PST 2011

Hi,

This is the whole idea for the incubator group, to determine the
requirements, select and rank the ones that we want to address (now and
maybe later), come up with possible solutions to them, and again select
among competing ones for the best possible set of approaches that work
with each other and are maximaly orthogonally to each other.

I would not say that we want to lowest common denominator (that may be
to small or even empty), but the core set of orthogonal features that
enable us to cover the required features in a well designed architecture.

BTW, most of this is written down in the draft charter :-) that caused
the whole thread.

	Philipp