[X3D-Public] Fwd: Re: [X3D] X3D HTML5 meeting discussions:Declarative 3D interest group at W3C

Philipp Slusallek slusallek at cs.uni-saarland.de
Thu Jan 6 13:14:03 PST 2011

Hi,

Kristian Sons (with me in the background) has been driving this but is
still on vacation this week. I am sure he will pick this up on Monday
morning with putting the draft online at W3C asap.

We have had discussions with a couple of people offline and I believe
the charter is mostly OK by now. Please provide any input that you might
still have asap. We are waiting for a few more feedbacks, before
circulating this to a wider group of possibly interested parties.
Suggestions for potentially other supportive W3C members are of course
still welcome.

Originally, we wanted to get a couple of the bigger companies to support
the Incubator Group before we officially start, to show some more weight
right from the beginning (e.g Boeing showed some interest). Given the
great discussion we have head already, I am beginning to agree with you
that we should just start, without waiting for their decision. They can
still join whenever they want.

We already have DFKI, Fraunhofer to support this, obviously. I am not
sure whether Web3D a full memeber in that respect? I am still waiting
for a definitive answer from Intel (again Christmas, I guess). If we
could get Apple to support this, this would be perfect as well and would
hopefully give us two IT heavyweights already.

	Philipp