[X3D-Public] Announcement: view3dscene 3.8.0

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 19:20:30 PST 2011

> So, before I take the next step, please tell me your thoughts about how
> I could get this to work as it appears in BSContact, that is where it
> appears that the texture is bound at initialization and stays stuck to
> the appropriate verted as the skin is animated.

The way I see it, you should use explicit texture coordinates. That is,
simply place inside IndexedFaceSet

  texCoord TextureCoordinate { point [
... for each 3D vertex, write it's calculated 2D texture coordinate,
following the same algorithm that is used for default IndexedFaceSet
texture mapping ...
] }

I managed to hack something close by copying your coord into texCoord,
and simply discarding 3rd vector component by regexps. It's not exactly
right (you probably want to rotate or scale the texture more, this can
be done by textureTransform), but the texture is guaranteed to stay
stuck to the mesh now. I understand that this is what we want :)

Attaching the result.

Michalis