[X3D-Public] Scene unloading performance (Bitmanagement Contact) - tips?

Dave A dave at realmofconcepts.com
Wed Jul 20 21:34:14 PDT 2011

I'm seeing some pretty horrible 'unload' times when I have a big (that
is, large number of objects) scene. It can take minutes to unload it.
(Unload meaning setting an empty scene, or loading a single-object
scene, etc.) So I'm changing scenes, not closing the window/frame. This
is in IE (any version) and the stand-alone player.

Are there any known issues with this? Any tips on how to speed it up?

Thanks in advance

Dave Arendash