[X3D-Public] Rigid Body Physics

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Jul 25 02:01:14 PDT 2011

Hi Kristian.  Terry Norbraten reports that he has kept the ODE drivers
up-to-date in the alternate version of Xj3D maintained by NPS.  So that
should run the examples bundled in in Xj3D codebase and converted in
the examples archive.  I hope that is the case.  If not, perhaps we
can help troubleshoot further to restore this important capability.

https://savage.nps.edu/Savage/developers.html#Xj3D

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/RigidBodyPhysics/

On 7/17/2011 8:30 AM, Kristian Sons wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried the Rigid Body Examples from the web3d.org web page:
> http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/RigidBodyPhysics/
>
> Even the simplest example (Ball Bounce) doesn't work in any X3D browser I tested:
>
> InstantReality:
> FATAL Avalon Could not create CollidableShape node in NodeType::createNode()FATAL Avalon node type Group doesn't have _any_ field with the type Shape
>
> BSContact:
> Unknown node class 'CollidableShape'
>
> Xj3D:
> System.out: Error: System.out: An error was caught in user code during the processing of the updateSceneGraph() method.
> System.out: Contained message:
> System.out: null
> System.out: java.lang.NullPointerException
>

> Is there an X3D browser that support the Rigid Body Physics component?
>
> Thanks for help,
> Kristian

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br      brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots     http://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman