[X3D-Public] Announcement: view3dscene 3.10.1 - X3D XML output

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 11:02:13 PDT 2011

Hi,

New version of view3dscene, an open-source VRML/X3D browser developed
together with our game engine, is available on

  http://vrmlengine.sourceforge.net/view3dscene.php

This release adds output to X3D XML encoding (in addition to existing
X3D classic output). Also, VRML 2.0 can be converted to X3D (optional
when writing to classic encoding, necessary when writing to XML
encoding). Conversions are available through "File -> Save As.." menu
items, or (for usage in batch mode) by --write* command-line options.
There's also another binary, "tovrmlx3d", included inside view3dscene
release: this is specifically for converting in batch mode (it's not
linked to any GUI libraries, has simpler options etc.) For a detailed
description of conversions and options available see

  http://vrmlengine.sourceforge.net/view3dscene.php#section_converting

The full release notes are available, as always, on the main page of our engine:

  http://vrmlengine.sourceforge.net/

Have fun!,
Michalis