[X3D-Public] New program for X3D export list: VMD 1.9

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Mar 3 09:23:06 PST 2011

copy to: x3d-public and medical lists, with permission

On 3/2/2011 8:20 PM, John Stone wrote:

> Hi,
> I thought I'd let you know that the latest version of
> our molecular visualization and analysis program VMD, now
> provides a built-in X3D scene export features. I was hoping
> you could add a link to the VMD home page on the X3D page:
> http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/help.html
>
> The VMD home page (with beta versions of VMD 1.9 w/ X3D)
> is here:
> http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/
>
> Cheers,
> John Stone
> vmd at ks.uiuc.edu

> Email: johns at ks.uiuc.edu Phone: 217-244-3349

and also
> mention that VMD already provides exports features
> for both VRML94 and VRML97 as well. :)

John, thank you very much for reporting this great progress.

Link is now available on the X3D Resources page under
Export by Applications:
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dResources.html#Export

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br      brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots     http://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman