[X3D-Public] The Network Sensor is not enough

Russ Kinter pyth7 at verizon.net
Sun Mar 6 20:36:05 PST 2011

  _____

From: x3d-public-bounces at web3d.org [mailto:x3d-public-bounces at web3d.org] On
Behalf Of Christoph Valentin
Sent: Saturday, March 05, 2011 3:37 AM
To: Don Brutzman; x3d-public at web3d.org
Cc: paul.mueller at gmx.at; robert.eberl at siemens.com;
theodor.scherney at kapsch.net; scoe at brg19.at; markus.sonntag at siemens.com
Subject: Re: [X3D-Public] The Network Sensor is not enough

Christoph Valentin wrote
>Would be easier for me, because I need not learn Java any more.

>Maybe, I'm already too old to learn a new programming language, and
actually I *should* do more networking and >less coding :-)

[Russ Kinter] Just for the record and to purge any misconceptions about Deep
Matrix it is very doubtful that you needed to learn Java. A working
knowledge of JavaScript to manipulate shared events is needed, but that is
true of any X3D/VRML client/server system.
Even if additional classes were needed for your goals, you most assuredly
face the same needs/obstacles in other client/server systems.