[X3D-Public] MultiTexture: call for references

John Stewart alex.stewart at crc.ca
Wed Mar 9 10:26:59 PST 2011

Hi Don;

> We need to collect specification references for OpenGL, OpenGL-ES,
> DirextX, Collada, etc.  I poked around to find the following references,
> which are also not very satisfying.
>
> Can someone research and document the key references for MultiTexture?

Have not yet written Multitexture shaders for my iPhone port of the FreeWRL library.

If you remember; with later versions of OpenGL (incl OpenGL-ES 2.0) Appearance node functionality has basically disappeared; all material/texture interactions happen in shaders.

I think DirectX, latest version, is the same.

I'm not sure what to suggest; certainly something is needed, as having everybody and their uncle writing shaders (and, keeping them up to date with the ever changing specifications) is not suggested!

I'm sure others on the x3d graphics list have suggestions, too.

See you at SIGGRAPH;

 JohnS.