[X3D-Public] extending a polygon with X3DOM

John Carlson john.carlson3 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 26 11:05:51 PDT 2011

On Mar 26, 2011, at 6:35 AM, Russ Kinter wrote:

> [...]

It looks like X3DOM or Firefox can save work (with File -> Save Page As ..).    I did notice that the canvas appeared to be a different size in the saved copy (but didn't check into the details).  In the application I'm working on, it saves the state (cubes) that I have on the screen, and it continues where I left off.

> It usually requires a stand alone application.

I thought that HTML5 introduced the idea of local storage.   Also a web browser can be a standalone application.

> There is also in development my own work available on the Deep Matrix public
> server as "Drawing World" which can draw circles and freehand using the
> PointSet Node and polygons using IndexedLineSet Node, although the
> save-to-file and loading previous work is not implemented yet, but that's
> just around the corner.

Yeah, I've got to look into IndexedLineSet.