[X3D-Public] Specific FreeWRL notes - was Re: VRML models - wasRe: Octaga?

John A. Stewart astewart at crc.ca
Sat May 7 14:47:30 PDT 2011

Hi Joe;

Quoting Joe D Williams <joedwil at earthlink.net>:

>> ... code solid on the targeted  platforms (windows, linux, osx,
>> iphone, android, .net devices, browser  plugins, standalone
>> installs)  ... support can continue.
>
> That is a big list but hopefully the capabilities of those are
> converging and we can get X3D h-anim everywhere.

Yes, it is a big list, and, yes, they are converging. The FreeWRL
project has some very capable volunteers; more workers are always
welcome, though.

:-)

(will they ever make it? Who knows - The OpenGL-ES-2.0 is getting
pretty good; that's where I'm focusing my 3D spare moments on, that
and the iPhone (and, possibly soon, Android) porting)

X3D really does, in some or other, run everywhere.

John A. Stewart.