[X3D-Public] camera, random path on a sphere around the center

Bederov, Sergey bederov at cortona3d.com
Thu Nov 3 03:05:08 PDT 2011

Hello John,

Obviously no interpolator can produce anything random. A couple of ideas:

  -  Generate a reasonably long interpolator using many random numbers and save it to the X3D file;

  -  Create a script which employs a random-number generator to move the camera in real time;

  -  Create several simple interpolators and apply them to nested Transforms the innermost of which contains the camera; if you guess good relationship of rotation axes and speeds, the motion will appear random.

To rotate the camera in a sphere while pointing to the center, I would recommend putting the camera into a Transform and rotate the Transform around the sphere center. This is simpler than separately moving and rotating the camera and will allow to avoid some motion artifacts.

                                           Sergey Bederov