[X3D-Public] My Ph.D. thesis "Compositing Shaders in X3D" available

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 12:06:20 PST 2011

Hi,

Initial version of my Ph.D. thesis "Compositing Shaders in X3D",
proposing a new approach to using shaders (like GLSL) to implement
effects that integrate with X3D, is available on
http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/compositing_shaders.php :) In the
section
"3. Documentation" there, you can find links to the thesis in HTML or
PDF formats, along with some slides (used from my presentation on TPCG11
conference).

Everything described there is also already implemented in view3dscene.
Most of it is available in released view3dscene 3.10.1, which you can
get from the usual page
http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/view3dscene.php . For some features
(like geometry shaders and their extensions) you will need to get
view3dscene binary from snapshots
(http://michalis.ii.uni.wroc.pl/castle-engine-snapshots/ ).

Of course: comments, questions, testing models --- everything is welcome :)

Some more news about recent developments of view3dscene is on our engine
main page: http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/ . You may also notice
that the engine was renamed to "Castle Game Engine" recently. Old links
will continue to work, but it would be best to update all mentions of
our engine and tools --- replace "Kambi VRML game engine" with "Castle
Game Engine", and replace in URLs "vrmlengine.sourceforge.net" with
"castle-engine.sourceforge.net" .

Enjoy :),
Michalis