[X3D-Public] UI Standards. WAS: When will see Kinect + X3D input? Soon? Here's Kinect + World of Warcraft

Christoph Valentin christoph.valentin at gmx.at
Fri Nov 18 23:08:05 PST 2011

Hello Lauren

Thanks for your answers.

ad "Interesting questions. What do you have in mind?":
  In his original answer, Dave wrote: "you would need it running a server,
   which may be localhost". I'm just thinking the next step: What, if is
NOT localhost?
   Could have impacts on performance. And what, if the pilot avatar has
some
   properties that mandate to "run" the pilot avatar in a given instance?

2- X3D is the best example that standardization needs not necessarily
preclude innovation,
     as long as the standard is flexible and extensible enough.
     However, it's always an art of timing (doing it not too early and
not too late).

3 - regarding DIS, I'd like to be "blind on that eye" :-)
      You know, I'm comparing the network sensor with TCP/IP
(regarding its
       historical relevance)

All the best
Christoph