[X3D-Public] UI Standards. WAS: When will see Kinect + X3D input? Soon? Here's Kinect + World of Warcraft

Sven-Erik Tiberg Sven-Erik.Tiberg at ltu.se
Tue Nov 22 01:38:35 PST 2011

Hi David

Thanks a lot for the links.

About stream package size, we have been discussing it a bit and found that it could be possible to transfere states doing a roughly estimate. Maybee someone would like to help us doing a more accurate estimation of  xml based states transfere rate and possible minimum physical transport layer ( ADSL, Wireless,,, ) to be used.

Note:

- XMPP uses zlib http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0138.html for compression and an estimate compression ratio are presented in http://gnosis.cx/publish/programming/xml_compression.html

- XMPP also uses SLL / TSL http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0035.html to improve security.

and BOSH ( Bidirectional-streams Over Synchronous HTTP ) http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0206.html to use connection over port 80.

OpenNI / NITE http://www.keyboardmods.com/2010/12/howto-kinect-openninite-skeleton.html could IMHO be usefull to support calculation joint rotation for h-amin. Have to look deeper into this.

Once again many thanks for your responce.

/Sven-Erik