[X3D-Public] X3D-Edit update announcement
brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Oct 12 18:39:15 PDT 2011
X3D-Edit is an open-source Extensible 3D (X3D) Graphics authoring tool
for simple error-free editing, authoring and validation of X3D scenes.
I'm happy to announce another regular update for X3D-Edit.
Lots of small but valuable enhancements and improvements.
- provide prompt to add a helpful default DEF name (or else clear it)
- improved ExpandableList handling for many nodes, including a
Negate Values operator for cell/row/column/all entries
- Improved data handling for metadata nodes Text/WorldInfo nodes
- improved MFString parsing, authors don't have to worry about
escape codes since the tool handles it for you
- UrlExpandableList ability to add new url values based on path
given in the scene's meta-tag identifier, if available
- improved updates to layer configuration for Netbeans 7.0
- bugfix to match schema when X3D version set to 3.3
Significant upgrade also provided: X3D-Edit again works as a plugin
within Netbeans 7.0+.
Upcoming work: continued implementation of volume visualization
nodes for X3D v3.3.
Available at the following site. Comments and feedback welcome,
all the best, Don
Don Brutzman Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270 MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots http://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman
More information about the X3D-Public