[X3D-Public] 3D in HTML! What a great new idea!

cbullard at hiwaay.net cbullard at hiwaay.net
Fri Aug 10 06:46:45 PDT 2012

Which I agree with.  Tony, you're being political.  Ok, but once
again, that is the way to rob an initiative of long term credibility
for short-term hype bursts.

Web3D has and never will be an HTML-like application simply because 3D
is hard and requires levels of training and talent not required for
documents and really is beyond most web-page builders unless you give
them legos.  This is much like the early GUIs where to build one you
had to understand closer-to-the metal concepts.  For art, this is
acceptable and even preferable because style is everything.  For
screen widgets that have to conform to a standard look, feel and
performance metric, not so much.

len