[X3D-Public] Fwd: [X3D] X3DOM 1.3 Released
brutzman at nps.edu
Tue Jan 3 08:17:05 PST 2012
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [X3D] X3DOM 1.3 Released
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 16:44:30 +0100
From: Timm Drevensek <Timm.Drevensek at igd.fraunhofer.de>
Organization: Fraunhofer IGD
To: <public-declarative3d at w3.org>, <x3d at web3d.org>, <x3dom-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
from the X3DOM project, we have been working on the current 1.3 release for now about a half year and, finally, one day before Christmas, we have released our work!
Some important changes are:
* By the release of Flash 11, we moved from the beta API to a stable one.
* We did optimize or shaders for the use on mobile devices. Also we support (multi-) touch events from such devices.
* We started to split up our code into components for to keep our core html profile with only a minimal subset. So our first two components are 2D geometry and geo referenced elements.
* You now can address elements inside inlined files by their id (or even DEF)
* You can integrate X3Dom files like images by just using <x3d src='foo.x3d' />
* ...and many more...
For more information about the 1.3 release, have a look at http://www.x3dom.org/?p=2677
Also we wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year!
M.Sc. Timm Drevensek
Fraunhofer-Institut für Graphische Datenverarbeitung IGD | Fraunhoferstr. 5 | 64283 Darmstadt Germany
Tel +49 6151 155-287 | Fax +49 6151 155-196 | Timm.Drevensek at igd.fraunhofer.de | www.igd.fraunhofer.de
X3d mailing list
X3d at web3d.org
More information about the X3D-Public