[X3D-Public] normals not computing right. hmm

John Carlson john.carlson3 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 7 13:25:37 PDT 2012

I realize that I should compute my own normals, but my code doesn't really have a way to  compute 3 vertex positions at a time in its current form.

http://coderextreme.net/roses/x3dom/test2.xhtml

Should I use a IndexedTriangleStripSet instead, for better autocomputing of normals?  That's what I did with X3D (see flowers3 below).  I'm working with IndexedFaceSets and X3DOM now.  I tried to normal correction code above (see above angle and fragNormal code) without much luck.

http://coderextreme.net/x3d/flowers2.x3d (IndexedFaceSet)
http://coderextreme.ent/x3d/flowser3.x3d (IndexedTriangleStripSet)

I don't have a X3D viewer on Ubuntu 12.04.