[X3D-Public] problem with octaga link

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sat Jul 7 15:27:06 PDT 2012

On 7/7/2012 12:39 PM, John Carlson wrote:
> This link no longer works:
>
> http://www.octaga.com/start/start.php?startpage=prod_producer
>
> On this page:
>
> http://www.web3d.org/products/detail/octaga/

Thanks John for this report, no doubt our webmaster Len will fix it.

I work to maintain a thorough list for Web3D on our X3D Resources Page.
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dResources.html
That page provides the following links.

	Octaga Player 4.0
	http://www.octagavs.com/softwarem/octaga-player
	(news release)
	http://www.octagavs.com/company/news-archive/128-get-the-new-octaga-player-40
	by
	Octaga VS
	http://www.octagavs.com
	is a high-performance X3D/VRML browser (Windows).
	Downloads of prior Octaga Player 2.1 also available at c|net.
	http://download.cnet.com/Octaga-Player/3000-6677_4-10336579.html

It worked fine for me under Windows 7, and I updated the get/test/launch
links in the latest X3D-Edit distribution to match.  Quality looks great.
They offer it for Windows XP / Vista / 7, with 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

If anyone from Octaga is going to be at the Web3D Conference or SIGGRAPH
in LA next month, we'd be happy to have them participate in some of our
demo events.