[X3D-Public] [WWW-Vrml] x3d file highlight background does not work

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 09:09:42 PDT 2012

Don Brutzman wrote:
> again cc: x3d-public.  apologies i can't check this today but perhaps
> someone else can.  good luck!
>

> On 7/10/2012 12:38 AM, Chris wrote:
>> Hello Don,
>>
>> thx for your answer. I know there is no error in the code.
>> I try since days to cull the front face of the bigger objects to see the smaller objects in the bigger one.
>> At the moment I have no idea how this should be working?
>> Do you have a idea.

To cull the faces, use solid="true" for IndexedFaceSet (and other
geometry nodes with faces). This is already the default in X3D actually.
Use ccw="false" to flip which side is culled (default is ccw="true" in
X3D). The relevant spec part is "11.2.3 Common geometry fields", on
http://www.web3d.org/files/specifications/19775-1/V3.2/Part01/components/rendering.html#CommonGeometryFields
.

Hope this helps,
Michalis