[X3D-Public] [X3D] Invitation: Web3D Town Hall and X3D Interoperability Demonstration; NURBS, TextureTransform problems

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 16:43:43 PDT 2012

Don Brutzman wrote:
> wondering, will you be at Web3D Conference or SIGGRAPH in LA?

Unfortunately, no.

> can you participate in the interoperability session in the Web3D Town Hall,
> or else (if not there) have someone else demonstrating view3dscene for you?

I can give pointers to anyone (maybe you :) ) willing to present
view3dscene :) Some of our interesting features/extensions include
shadow maps, shaders and compositing shaders, bump mapping, cube map
(including generation and special
TextureCoordinateGenerator.mode=WORLDSPACEREFLECTIONVECTOR to easily use
them), 3d texturing, screen effects. Everything is documented in much
detail on http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/vrml_x3d.php (the sidebar
on the right contains the links), and demonstrated by our demo models
(http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/demo_models.php).

As for interoperability, the most important part of the specification
that I would really like to see fixed is the multi-texturing, that is
badly broken IMHO (in X3D 3.3 too). I was writing about this a couple of
times and the list of problems (and my solutions) is on
http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/x3d_implementation_texturing.php
page (sections "Clarifications to X3D multi-texturing specification",
"Problems with existing X3D MultiTexture.mode specification"). This is
something that I'd like to talk about and persuade spec creators to fix
some day :)

Regards,
Michalis