[X3D-Public] CAD tooltips

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Jun 13 05:52:31 PDT 2012

To help improve the clarity of using the CAD nodes, I've been working
on their tooltips.  Please review and comment on whether the following
are clear, or can be improved further.  Thanks for all discussion!

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/X3dTooltips.html#CADAssembly

[X3D 3.1] CADAssembly holds a set of assemblies or parts grouped together, and is used for Computer-Aided Design (CAD) models. CADAssembly is a Grouping node that can contain CADAssembly, CADFace or CADPart nodes.
Hint: can also contain Shapes or other grouped content.

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/X3dTooltips.html#CADFace
[X3D 3.1] CADFace is a Grouping node that can contain a Shape or LOD node, and is used for Computer-Aided Design (CAD) models.  Hint: can also contain Shapes or other grouped content.

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/X3dTooltips.html#CADLayer

X3D 3.1] CADLayer is a Grouping node that can contain most nodes, and is used for Computer-Aided Design (CAD) models.  Hint: can also contain Shapes or other grouped content.

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/X3dTooltips.html#CADPart

[X3D 3.1] CADPart is a Grouping node that can contain CADFace nodes, and is used for Computer-Aided Design (CAD) models.  Hint: can also contain Shapes or other grouped content.

p.s. The main tooltips are intended for X3D authors.  I'm also working
on more concise versions that are provided as part of the X3D to HTML
pretty-print stylesheet as mouse-over tooltip titles.