[X3D-Public] Problem with X3D

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 07:13:43 PDT 2012

Bederov, Sergey wrote:
> It's quite odd that SwView maps the texture differently than the
> other two browsers. Instant Player and view3dscene leave out the top
> margin of the texture, while SwView leaves out the bottom margin. Is
> it a bug or the specification is somewhat vague at this point?

Good point.

The specification is clear, as far as I can see. The sentence "The T
coordinate ranges between 0 and the ratio of the second greatest
dimension of the bounding box to the greatest dimension." in the spec
("13.3.6 IndexedFaceSet") says that the bottom (or left) part of the
texture should be shown. Because the texture coordinates go from
bottom/left (0) to top/right (1), which is explicitly said at least in
"18.2.3 Texture coordinates" section.

So I'd say it's a bug in SwView, someone interested in SwView should
report it. (Feel free to quote/reference this mailing thread, of course.)

Michalis