[X3D-Public] Bug with Contact Billboard

Dave A dave at realmofconcepts.com
Sat May 12 00:24:59 PDT 2012

Hi all.

I put together a file I could send, but it's just this: a cone with its
apex pointing toward the default viewpoint position along the Z axis.
It's in a Billboard set to 'camera facing' 0 0 0 axis.

What I expect, and what I DO see in Instant Player, is that this cone
ALWAYS points at me, no matter what I do. What I see in Contact, and
Vivaty too (same bug!), is that it  points probably along a line
parallel to the line joining the camera and Billboard, but not at the
camera. It's more like pointing infinitely far behind the camera. Easy
to see when you Slide navigate right/left, but just rotating around, you
should not see apparent shift in object orientation.

Try yourself, or I can send or post the file. I have not yet tried this
in Xj3D or FreeWrl.

Dave A