[X3D-Public] Need good multitexture example

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Apr 24 08:54:06 PDT 2013

Here is Dave's posting in plain text:

Does anyone have a spec-compliant working example of, say, a simple Bump
Map? In XML format?

The reason I ask is, I have seen all kinds of coding and errors, nothing
working so far.

Ex:
The MultiTextureCoordinate is shown in the spec thus:

     texCoord MultiTextureCoordinate {
       texCoord [
         TextureCoordinate { ... }
         TextureCoordinate { ... }
       ]
     }

But the example file I found on the X3D.org site looks like this:

<MultiTextureCoordinate containerField='texCoord'>
<!-- TODO add multiple TextureCoordinate nodes here, match corresponding
MultiTexture children -->
<TextureCoordinate point='0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1'/>
<TextureCoordinate point='0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1'/>
<TextureCoordinate point='0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1'/>
</MultiTextureCoordinate>

Note, no containerFields on individual TextureCoordinate elements.

I found this at http://forum.instantreality.org/index.php?topic=417.0

<MultiTextureCoordinate containerField='texCoord'>
     <TextureCoordinate containerField='texCoord' point='... '/>
     <TextureCoordinate containerField='texCoord' point=' ...'/>
</MultiTextureCoordinate>

(Do not try to reuse the TextureCoordinate node by using DEF/USE, that
also does not work in Instant Player, you have to repeat the
TextureCoordinate node, even if it contains the same coordinates.)

But when I try this in Contact, it gives me errors.

The Bitmanagement Site has an example, but it appears to be broken. I
have Contact installed, but at least in Chrome, it says I need to
install it. I did. BROKEN.
http://www.bitmanagement.com/developer/contact/labs/multitexture.html

Vivaty Studio doesn't even export MultiTextureCoordinates. Just
TextureCoordinates

I'm quite lost

Dave A