[X3D-Public] X3D MultiTexturing - how about we start fixing the spec? :)

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 10:01:43 PDT 2013

Hi,

While I'm on the roll, I thought that I remind about our page with
multi-texturing tests, problems and proposed solutions on:

   http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/x3d_multi_texturing.php

I propose to start applying the proposed fixes to the specification. :)
Let's not let this effort go in vain. I'm very willing to prepare the
exact prose to the spec (actually, the above page already contains a
sensible prose for some fixes). All I need is someone to actually modify
the spec to include it.

Since there were no objections on the list, I assume that people are
fine with all the proposed fixes? (And if not, please speak up :).

Let's at least start with easy fixes, things that have easy (local
wording fixes) solutions:

- problem 2 ("REPLACE" mode is specified as "Arg2", which makes no sense)
- problem 3 (The meaning of ADDSIGNED and ADDSIGNED2X modes is not clear)
- problem 5 (It's not specified what channels are inverted by the
function="COMPLEMENT" value)
- problem 6 (two paragraphs should be swapped in spec)

Regards,
Michalis