[X3D-Public] view3dscene support for h-anim visualization

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 10:07:54 PDT 2013

Don Brutzman wrote:
> view3dscene has some nice support for h-anim Joint visualization:
> spheres and names (as text).

Yesterday, this visualization was somewhat improved, so that after "Edit
-> Add Humanoids Joint Visualization" you can even save the model back
to VRML/X3D and then open and see the visualization in any conforming
VRML/X3D viewer :) And you can edit the visualization materials etc. in
anything that can load+save VRML/X3D.

More info about H-Anim support in Castle Game Engine and view3dscene on
http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/x3d_implementation_hanim.php and
http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/news.php?id=2011-1-6-view3dscene_3.8.0__3d_sound__skinned_h-anim__more
:)

You can test view3dscene from snapshots
(http://michalis.ii.uni.wroc.pl/castle-engine-snapshots/ ) to
immediately try the improvements.

> http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dResources.html#Applications
>
> Castle Game Engine is used to build view3dscene, a free cross-platform
> VRML/X3D browser that also supports other 3D model formats. (MacOSX,
> Linux, FreeBSD)

BTW, I would appreciate if you can fix this description to include
"Windows" in the supported OSes. view3dscene is also released for Windows.

Best regards,
Michalis