[X3D-Public] X3D MultiTexturing - how about we start fixing thespec? :)

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 7 12:12:13 PDT 2013

> WebGL is an OpenGL for JavaScript. It allows directly using shader
> (GLSL) code. As such, it's light-years above the X3D MultiTexturing
> options, but also not so easy to use (imperative, GLSL etc.).

Yes, that is why X3D browser includes those shader nodes. I'm still
hoping an orderly best practice approach to WebGL shader
implementations will lead to consistent implementations of
MultiTexture in the declarative (well this one is really a declared
procedure in that all or some of the procedure is embedded in the
declarative form) X3D user code which I think is obvious and vital
need for responsive HAnim.

http://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/specs/latest/#6.25

If somebody that is in on the original definitions of VRML and X3D
MultiTexture stuffs is also very involved in technical details and
application aspects of WebGL then? hmmm ...

" - under your control."

http://www.amazon.com/dp/144932357X

Best Regards,
Joe