[X3D-Public] X3D for Web Authors Examples Archive, plus audio test scene of different sound formats

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 13:20:41 PST 2013

Dave A wrote:
> I agree. Keep MIDI.
>
> On 12/9/2013 4:16 AM, David Murphy wrote:
>> I have to disagree,
>>
>> MIDI is a very important format; apart from its wide adoption it is
>> still a very useful format with many applications.

I'm a little surprised, but if everyone else agrees that MIDI is still
useful, then Ok :)

The list of formats for HTML 5 <audio> may be relevant for this thread,
see https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/audio and
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/HTML/Supported_media_formats?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Media_formats_supported_by_the_audio_and_video_elements
. In short: WebM, Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV. At the bottom there are links to
formats actually supported by various browsers. (MIDI does not seem to
be supported by any browser for <audio>, BTW...)

Regards,
Michalis