[X3D-Public] X3D for Web Authors Examples Archive, plus audio test scene of different sound formats

doug sanden highaspirations at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 11 06:25:12 PST 2013

> We still largely think of MIDI as something related to music because it
> proved so useful. But MIDI is so good at synchronizing events across complex
> software applications and hardware devices, that I believe we have only seen
> the beginning. When it comes to true 3D virtual life and augmented reality,
> I simply cannot imagine these things very far into the future without proper
> synchronization standards.
>
> I recommend "MIDI Power!" second edition (Thomson 2006) by Robert Guerin
> which include the MIDI 1.0 specification and much details. There is possibly
> more recent work (re. HD-MIDI) but the above is an excellent primer.
>
> Lauren
> 3DNetProductions.com

Q. could/should there be a special MIDI node? If so what would it look like / what kind of events would it produce / how would we use it?

Hypotheses
H0: there would be 52 boolean eventOuts representing different piano keys, and a url for the MIDI file.
H1: 104 time eventOuts, 2 for each key representing pressed/released time

-Doug