[X3D-Public] Support for submeshes?

Tony Parisi tparisi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 16:41:54 PST 2013

Yeah but nearly all good engines state-sort anyway, they can sort their
operations based on appearance. I don't think it should be that cumbersome
a design within the X3D. Like everything else it should be fairly
straightforward and somewhat human readable. I know that's a bit oxymoronic
when it comes to 3D formats but VRML/X3D always did a pretty good job in
that regard.

As a straw-man I would do something simple like multiple Shape nodes in a
single group, with one Coordinate node to rule them all.

Tony

Tony Parisi                             tparisi at gmail.com
CTO at Large                         415.902.8002
Skype                                     auradeluxe
Follow me on Twitter!             http://twitter.com/auradeluxe
Read my blog at                     http://www.tonyparisi.com/

Read my book! *WebGL, Up and Running*
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920024729.do