[X3D-Public] Clean Install of X3D-Edit

Gordon Fisher phi3d at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 13:42:00 PST 2013

Thanks Christoph.

The removeX3D-EditPreferencesWinXP.bat does work, and removes the directory %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\.x3deditor32\.

So I uninstalled xj3d and X3D Edit, reinstalled xj3d, which reinstalled Java, and then reinstalled X3D Edit.  But rather than showing me the xj3d window in X3D Edit, it gives a "A org.web3d.x3d.sai.NotSupportedException exception has occurred." message.

When I open up the notice for further details I get the following message.  I'm guessing that the first 6 lines are the most important, but here's the full message.  Does anyone know what they indicate?

Thanks.

Gordon

at org.web3d.x3d.sai.BrowserFactory.createX3DComponent(Unknown Source)
at org.web3d.x3d.xj3d.viewer.Xj3dViewerPanel.initialize(Xj3dViewerPanel.java:148)
at org.web3d.x3d.xj3d.viewer.Xj3dViewerTopComponent.<init>(Xj3dViewerTopComponent.java:74)
at org.web3d.x3d.xj3d.viewer.Xj3dViewerTopComponent.getDefault(Xj3dViewerTopComponent.java:86)
at org.web3d.x3d.xj3d.viewer.Xj3dViewerTopComponent.findInstance(Xj3dViewerTopComponent.java:99)
at org.web3d.x3d.xj3d.viewer.Xj3dViewerAction.actionPerformed(Xj3dViewerAction.java:22)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
[catch] at org.netbeans.core.TimableEventQueue.dispatchEvent(TimableEventQueue.java:158)