[X3D-Public] [h-anim] Humanoid Animation (H-Anim) Working Group | Web3DConsortium

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 23 19:05:28 PST 2013

> http://www.web3d.org/realtime-3d/working-groups/h-anim

Hi Don, I believe everything there now.

Overall, we define a very 'live' time and event driven, realistically
structured, fully parameterized, metadata aware, lexically and
kinetically verifiable, extensible, interactive humanoid data base.

A great feature item of this X3D Humanoid Animation character is that
the visualization, the perceptualization, and even the manipulation
"is" the interactive data base.

Since native h-anim spacetime can comprise the same set of xyz
locations of 'standard' reference feature points as an actual human
subject, we have no problem fitting any realistic human data structure
into the World Standard interactive parametric data repository named
X3D H-Anim.

Are we missing something more specific about:

(1) continued development of haptic/mocap/scan application interfaces
(need more detailed 'standard' skin with 'standard' joint and
displacer bindings), and

(2) skin and skeleton animation control using framed or realtime data
streams sourced from best practice static or dynamic scan systems.

Thanks,
Joe