[X3D-Public] CAD Profile screenshots done on Android

cbullard at hiwaay.net cbullard at hiwaay.net
Thu Jul 25 06:05:50 PDT 2013

Has X3D improved capability enough to meet CAD requirements?  I
haven't kept up but the intense discussions of VRML97 were that it
couldn't. I am assuming the profiles meet some set of criteria for
speed and density of information. There may be some cultural
perceptions to overcome.

OTW, CGM still rules the roost for delivery of illustrated parts
breakdowns, RPSTLs, etc., and last I looked, web 3D formats have
disappeared from the US Navy approved format lists for technical
information deliverables.  There is a slow but certain convergence on
page-based PDF because the hyperlinking is adequate and print-support
is still vital.

Note:  I am not talking about exchange formats, but final fixed deliverables.

len