[X3D-Public] [X3D] support for JSON in X3D players?

Dr. Johannes Behr johannes.behr at igd.fraunhofer.de
Mon Mar 18 09:06:55 PDT 2013

Hi,

> "JSON (JavaScript Object Notation) is a lightweight data-interchange format. It is easy for humans to read and write. It is easy for machines to parse and generate. It is based on a subset of the JavaScript Programming Language, Standard ECMA-262 3rd Edition - December 1999. JSON is a text format that is completely language independent but uses conventions that are familiar to programmers of the C-family of languages, including C, C++, C#, Java, JavaScript, Perl, Python, and many others. These properties make JSON an ideal data-interchange language."
>
> Given that JSON is based on the same Javascript version as that used by X3D, wondering:  which X3D players support JSON in the script node?
>
> - BitManagement's BS Contact
> - Fraunhofer InstantReality

The javascript implementation provides a complete XHR interface with full support for JSON resources.
Details can be found here: http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=2338714.2338738

> - Fraunhofer X3DOM

Well, no Script nodes and therefore no XHR in Script nodes but the application code is in your HTML-page and therefore full support for XHR/JSON resources.

Best regards
Johannes