[X3D-Public] Fw: future of simulrr.sourceforge.net

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Mar 21 17:32:42 PDT 2013

Hello Christoph, thanks for your note.

We are currently working on network testing with JSON and Websockets,
both for OpenDIS and for other position-related track information.  This
involves both client and server codebases.

Our development and test plans for April:
a. comparison scenes, HTML+OpenDIS+WebGL and HTML+OpenDIS+X3D
b. test whether JSON/Websockets usage is possible from within and X3D
Script node
c. work on BSContact and InstantReality C++ bindings to OpenDIS for
EspduTransform
d. look at feasibility of X3DOM component for DIS

So this is interesting and necessary, but may be less than the broader
functionality you might seek for a multiuser system.

We will continue to post progress reports whenever we have results that
are repeatable and useful to others.