[X3D-Public] paired cad working group teleconferences Friday

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Mar 27 17:57:42 PDT 2013

We are hop-scotching together a meeting over two web3d teleconferences
Friday - sorry, schedule for today's call didn't work out.

1200 PDT:  X3DOM Cad review with Vince Marchetti & Don Brutzman
	cool new work documented on our web3d wiki at
	http://web3d.org/wiki/index.php/X3DOM_CAD

	looking at Netbeans IDE improved developer support for
HTML5/Javascript/CSS testing, including Chrome plugin
	http://netbeans.org/kb/docs/webclient/html5-gettingstarted.html

	(hopefully this first time is not too onerous for European folks)

1700 PDT: Round 2, same topics, with Hyokwang Lee & Don Brutzman

As part of this review we will assess the stability and thoroughness of
Vince's X3DOM implementations to determine what else should be done
before recommending incorporation of his code in Fraunhofer's X3DOM
source.  Am hoping we'll get all the way to Vince describing his
experiences building that X3DOM add-on component!

Additional topics for upcoming X3D CAD meetings:
- Review of X3D-Edit interfaces for CAD and NURBS node modeling
- Suggesting additional X3D Schematron Quality Assurance (QA) rules for
CAD and NURBS node modeling
- Future work: adding support for ShapeWays online 3D printing API to
X3D-Edit
- Providing CAD feedback on X3D Binary Compression Capabilities and Plans
	http://web3d.org/wiki/index.php/X3D_Binary_Compression_Capabilities_and_Plans

All attendees welcome, wiki will be update and notes will be posted
afterwards.